1. Add to your community service focus work that creating creators of jobs as opposed to consumers of jobs and resources in Black and Hispanic communities.
2. Make inclusion intentional in our startup community specifically and your professional networks in general.
3. Push for an empowerment and partnership model of philanthropy as opposed to a paternalistic social service centered model.
4. Be advocates in whatever role or whichever community you come from for this new paradigm of empowerment
5. Recognize that it takes time an eliminate a short term reward mindset.
Policy & Development
1. Create incentives and policies that focus on developing entrepreneurs across the continuum (micro to gazelle) versus corporate or large business incentives.
2. Develop strong entrepreneurial ecosystem programming in targeted areas.
3. Seek to connect the two forms of development (attraction and entrepreneurship) through supply chain connectivity.
4. Influence local schools to both become more entrepreneurial and teach more entrepreneurship.
5. Development and secure public and private leadership to mobilize this strategy across sectors in city.